I can't believe it, but it's time to sign up for Love Yourself For Art already!
Sign ups start tomorrow. (Or you can go ahead and send me a note now <3)
I hope everyone's been doing well.
I've been doing a really good job at keeping myself busy. And I'm really excited about LYFA this year. I've got some things in the work that I hope will make it a little different and fun.
I'm wanting to make things a bit bigger this year. Before this was a "contest" of sorts for those who suffered from any (of the many) forms of self injury. I've always tried to keep that open to interpretation, and I still stick with that.
But this year I want ANYONE to participate. Sign up and pledge to be better to yourself for just a month. That might mean resisting the urge, or being aware and even stopping yourself when you KNOW you're being too hard on yourself, or treating yourself to something special that you wouldn't normally do.
So here's the run down (again) of how it all works.
* ANYONE can participate - even those who have before.
* Send me a note saying that you're in before the 1st of March. (As that's the day the contest actually starts.)
* Starting March 1st - LOVE YOURSELF! Become aware of how you act toward you.
* At the end of March/beginning of April you'll receive a note from me asking how the month went and getting an address where snail mail can reach you. (that's how you'll get your prize in the mail.)
* One 2 ½ X 3 ½ in. original piece of art. (About the size of a playing card.)
(There is always the option to not give an address and still participate anyway. I'm hoping that I will receive some digital donations just in case there is anyone out there who isn't comfortable sharing their address.)
That being said if you want to participate but love yourself enough already you can SHARE THE LOVE!
Anyone who is interested in donating an art card(s) - feel free to also note me. I would be more than happy to send you more information on what I'm looking for. I have a little something for those who donate cards as well this year. <3 Yay!
You're more than welcome to BOTH participate as well as donate.
If I've forgotten anything or you have any questions let me know. <3